Answers to Most Frequently Asked Questions
#mk-page-title-box-650e452d27499 { height: 500px; background-color: ; text-align: center; } #mk-page-title-box-650e452d27499 .mk-page-title-box-title { font-size: 56px; line-height: 56px; font-weight: bolder; color: #ffffff; padding-bottom: 30px; margin-bottom: 30px; letter-spacing: 3px; } #mk-page-title-box-650e452d27499 .mk-page-title-box-title--underline:after { background: #ffffff;} #mk-page-title-box-650e452d27499 .mk-page-title-box-subtitle { font-size: 25px; line-size: 25px; font-weight: bold; color: #ffffff;} #mk-page-title-box-650e452d27499 .mk-effect-bg-layer { background-image: url("/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/FAQ-bg2.jpg"); background-position:center top; }
when is right to study abroad ?

It is usually recommended to start the process after the completion of the 12th standard. Though countries do offer diploma courses for students who have completed their 10th, it is advisable to apply only for bachelors or a master’s program

Why should I study abroad?

Studying abroad provides the following:

  • An opportunity to study the latest curriculum for better career prospects,
  • An opportunity to study at the world renowned universities,
  • An opportunity to work on latest research projects,
  • An opportunity to be exposed to different environment and culture and also
  • An opportunity to confidently pursue global careers.
Employment opportunity

An international student can work for 20 hrs a week during the term, not including work that is formal registered part of the course. Unlimited hours, if you apply for permission to work after you start your masters or doctorate course.

What’s the processing time for Australian Student Visa?

The Australian Visa Office officially takes around 10-12 weeks to process a Student Visa.

What are the entry requirements to study at Australian institutions?

Students must meet minimum academic requirements and need a sufficient level of English language proficiency for entry to Australian education and training institutions. Institutions will assess whether you meet the selection criteria set for your proposed course of study. They will look at the level and content of the study you have completed in Australia or your home country.

How much will it cost to live in Australia?

On an average an international student may spend about AUD 360 per week accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transport and telephone. Do keep in mind that this figure depends on your style of living; location and also what course is you studying. However you have to show that you have enough financials to cover your living cost, pay tuitions and your travel.

Are Scholarships available for international students?

Yes. There are various scholarships available for international students. Though majority of these scholarships are available at Post Graduate level by Universities but some institutes also offer Undergraduate scholarships.

What are Australian university semester dates?

Generally Australian universities have two Intakes. The first is from February to June and the second from July to November. This can vary somewhat between universities.

What are Australian university semester dates?

Generally Australian universities have two Intakes. The first is from February to June and the second from July to November. This can vary somewhat between universities.

Do I need to have Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC)?

International students and their dependants are required (as a condition of their student visa) to maintain adequate health insurance arrangements, approved by the Australian Department of Health and Ageing, for the duration of their program. Students are responsible for maintaining a valid OSHC cover at all times.

When does my health cover start and stop?

From the day that you arrive to study in Australia until the day that you leave Australia.

What English Test is required to get admission into Australian Institute?

Yes. IELTS/ TOEFL and Pearson satisfied result is required to get admission into desire course

Can I work in Australia while studying?

International students who hold a student visa with work rights are permitted to work up to 40 hours per fortnight while study is in session. During recognized vacation periods offered by the education provider, they are permitted to work unlimited hours. Students are not permitted to work until they have commenced their studies. Students enrolled in master by research or doctorate courses (subclass 574 student visa holders) are permitted to work unlimited hours only after they have commenced the course. Should they undertake a preliminary course such as an English language course, they are limited to 40 hours per fortnight during that course.

Can I extend my visa onshore?

Yes, you can do so however in some cases a student is granted a ‘No further Stay’ clause on their visas. In that case one has to come back and re-apply for a fresh student visa application from the home country.

Can my spouse or child accompany me in Australia while I am studying?

Yes they can apply for student dependent visa and meet the criteria to be granted a defendant visa.

Can I change to another education provider within the first six calendar months of my program?

International students on student visas are to remain with the education provider with whom they originally enrolled for the first six calendar months of their course, or if the course is less than six months, for the duration of the course. If a student is undertaking a pre-requisite course, they are to remain with the provider of the pre-requisite course for the length of that course, and then with the education provider providing the principal course of study for the first six calendar months. If a student intends to change education provider before completing six calendar months of their principal course as described above, they must seek approval from their current education provider by obtaining a Letter of Release. For students who have not commenced their principal course of study at Curtin, this will be from the International Office and students who have commenced their principal course should contact Student Central. If after arrival in Australia a student wishes to study a new principal course, in a different education sector to their current principal course, they must apply for a new student visa using Form 157A. For accurate visa application charges, please check the Fees and Charges section on the DIBP website.

Can I renew my student visa in Australia?

While students are currently enrolled in full-time study, they may renew their student visa in Australia as long as their current student visa is not subject to Condition 8534 ‘no further stay’. It is recommended that steps are taken to renew a student visa approximately one month before the existing student visa expires. Please refer to the student visa renewal website for further information on obtaining a new electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).

Can my dependants work while I am studying in Australia?

After a student has commenced study, their dependants may also work or apply for a permission to work visa, via Form 157P. Dependants are permitted to work up to 40 hours per fortnight, with exception of the dependants of the following, who may work unlimited hours: – Students enrolled in a master by coursework (subclass 573)- Students enrolled in a master by research or doctoral degree (subclass 574)

Can I apply for Australian citizenship after completing my studies?

You may want to extend your stay in Australia for further study, graduation, a holiday, work or migration. You should be able to obtain a new visa to enable you to stay on and even work towards permanent residence and citizenship if you are eligible, provided you do not have a ‘No Further Stay’ condition on your current student visa. Please visit the DIBP website to obtain more information on the types of visas available and the application procedure.

No helpful answer?

Send us your Qustion and we shall be pleased to help you

.corporate-style #mk-contact-form-650e452d2f359 .text-input, .corporate-style #mk-contact-form-650e452d2f359 .mk-textarea { background-color: #f6f6f6; border-color: #f6f6f6; color: #373737; } .corporate-style #mk-contact-form-650e452d2f359 ::-webkit-input-placeholder { color: rgba(55,55,55,0.6); } .corporate-style #mk-contact-form-650e452d2f359 :-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 18- */ color: rgba(55,55,55,0.6); } .corporate-style #mk-contact-form-650e452d2f359 ::-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 19+ */ color: rgba(55,55,55,0.6); } .corporate-style #mk-contact-form-650e452d2f359 :-ms-input-placeholder { color: rgba(55,55,55,0.6); } .corporate-style #mk-contact-form-650e452d2f359 .contact-submit { background-color: #373737; color: #ffffff; } .corporate-style #mk-contact-form-650e452d2f359 .mk-progress-inner { background-color: #ffffff; opacity: .4; }
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search